Tuesday, June 11, 2013

and then there were 3

I'm just popping in to announce the arrival of our sweet baby girl. She was born May 28, which means she's now 2 weeks old. (Her official due date was June 8.)

These photos below are 1 day old and 13 days old.



May 28, 2013, 6:28 PM
8 lbs, 10 oz, 22" tall

She's a sweetheart. To put it briefly and vaguely, her entrance to the world was dramatic (or traumatic)? 21 hours of labor, a 104 degree fever for me, and a whole host of other issues landed her in the NICU (neonatal intensive care) for a week (and I couldn't see her 'til the next day). She needed a little bit of help breathing, had to have a lumbar puncture (*shudder*), and had antibiotics for a week. Had an IV in her head at one point (not something I enjoyed seeing).

She came home June 4. Unfortunately the trouble didn't end there, as our household has been plagued with various illnesses requiring middle of the night ER visits and doctor appointments and prescription pain killers (oh my). Yet even with her parents falling apart, she's thriving. We're finally getting our feet under us around here and adjusting to life as a family of three.

I've been putting more photos on Instagram periodically.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats again. She's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! I hope everyone's health problems calm down soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm happy for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! So thrilled for you! I hope you can get some rest and the problems stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I'm so glad you're starting to recover all together at home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many congrats, love seeing such happy pictures of her recently too. Thinking of you and glad things are calming a bit compared to the drama of her birth week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. While not as severe as what you experienced, I had the same thing happen...20+ hours of labor, fever while pushing, baby in the NICU with antibiotic IV for a week. Not a good way to bond with your newborn, and I still regret how that all happened to this day. I'm glad things are getting more normal for you, and she looks JUST like you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I've friended you on instagram to see more of her-- I'm jyseka there.

    ReplyDelete