Monday, March 17, 2014

4

(and a half...ish)

Believe it or not, I think about this blog a lot. I just don't have much to post (or time to post it). While I have a new home, I find I get a lot more home improvement done when I'm not pausing to take photos of it. I feel uneasy about posting too many photos or info about my daughter (almost 10 months old!) on a public space. My work/research life has been tame and uninteresting as of late. In browsing this blog looking for a link to help a friend, I realized that I forgot to blog on our anniversary. I'm only about 6 months late though, so why not now?

Year 4. We...
  • ... took one trip together (to the San Juan islands in November 2012), and
  • ... logged some time apart, as I visited Montreal (for a conference in October '12) and Idaho (in July 2013, with our then 7-week old, to visit family).
  • ... traded in my Honda sedan for an Acura SUV.
  • ... decided the answer to starting a family this year was "yes," then navigated a difficult pregnancy, even worse birth, painful recovery, and rocky newborn-hood.
  • ... became comfortable and happy as a family of three.
  • ... enjoyed a visit from out-of-state family. (We have the grandchild. They have to visit!)
  • ... gained (more)/lost (not enough)/gained (more) weight (always).
We're already half way through year five, and it has been a wild ride.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see all is well! I miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete